Dr. Geetanjali Manchanda
- P. Singh, G. Manchanda, R.N. Singh, A.K. Srivastava, R.C. Dubey, Selection of alkalotolerant and symbiotically efficient chickpea nodulating rhizobia from North-West Indo Gangetic Plains. Journal of Basic Microbiology, 2015. doi: 10.1002/jobm.201500267
- Garg, G. Manchanda, P. Singla, Analysis of emergence stage facilitates the evaluation of chickpea (Cicerarietinum L.) genotypes for salinity tolerance imparted by mycorrhizal colonization. ActaPhysiologiaePlantarum, 36, 2651-2669, 2014.
- P. Singh, R.N. Singh, G. Manchanda, P.K. Tiwari, A.K. Srivastava, R.C. Dubey, A.K. Sharma, Biofuels: the way ahead.Indian Journal of Applied Research, 4, 3-6, 2014.
- Garg, G. Manchanda, A. Kumar, Bacterial quorum sensing: circuits and applications. Antonie van Leeuwenhoek, 105, 289–305, 2014.
- Manchanda, N. Garg, Alleviation of salt induced ionic, osmotic and oxidative stresses in Cajanus cajan nodules by AM inoculation, Plant Biosystems, 145, 88-97, 2011.
- Garg, G. Manchanda, Role of AM in the alleviation of ionic, osmotic and oxidative stresses induced by salinity in Cajanuscajan (L.) Millsp. (pigeonpea), Journal ofAgronomy and Crop Science, 195, 110-123.2009.
- Garg, G. Manchanda, ROS generation in plants: A boon or bane, PlantBiosystems, 143, 81-96, 2009.
- Garg, G. Manchanda, Effect of arbuscularmycorrhizal inoculation on salt-induced nodule senescence in Cajanuscajan (Pigeonpea) Journal of Plant Growth Regulation,27, 115-124, 2008.
- Manchanda, N. Garg, Salinity and its effects on the functional biology of legumes. ActaPhysiologiaePlantarum,30, 595-618, 2008.
- Manchanda, N. Garg, Endomycorrhizal and rhizobial symbiosis: how much they share?" Journal of Plant Interaction,2(2), 79-88, 2007.
- Garg, Geetanjali, Symbiotic nitrogen fixation in legume nodules: process and signaling. A review. Agronomy for Sustainable Development, 1051, 1-10. 2007.
- Garg, Geetanjali, Z. Noor, Anu. Effect of salt stress on Rhizobium-legume symbiosis in pea, lentil and chickpea, Research Journal (Science), Panjab University Chandigarh. 57, 151-159, 2007.
- Garg, Geetanjali, A. Kaur, Arbuscularmycorrhiza: Nutritional aspects, Archives Agronomy and Soil Science, 52(6), 593-606,2006.
- Garg, Geetanjali, Renu, Enhancement of salt tolerance by pre-sowing seed soaking salt treatment in soybean and lentil. Research Journal (Science), Panjab University Chandigarh, 56, 89-94, 2006.
- Garg, R. Singla, Geetanjali, Role of arbuscularmycorrhizal fungi in natural and managed ecosystems. Research Journal (Science), Panjab University Chandigarh, 56, 39-44, 2006.
- Garg, R. Singla, Geetanjali, Nitrogen fixation and carbon metabolism in legume nodule. Indian Journal of Experimental Biology42, 138-142, 2004.
- Garg, J. Kaur, R. Singla, Geetanjali, Genetic regulation of signal transduction pathways in Rhizobium-Legume Symbiosis. In: Advances in Plant Physiology (Hemantaranjan). Scientific Pub. India.10. pp. 401-410. 2008.
- Garg, Geetanjali, Symbiotic nitrogen fixation in legume nodules: process and signaling: A review. In: Sustainable Agriculture, Part 5, Eds: E. Lichtfouse et al.,Springer Science+Business Media B.V., pp. 519-531, 2009.
Conference Presentations, International/National:
- Manchanda, R.P. Singh, A. Srivastava, N. Garg, Synergy between mycorrhiza, plant and bacteria in PAH dissipation. Fifth international conference on plants and environmental pollution, CSIR-National Botanical Research Institute Lucknow, India. 2015.
- Manchanda, N. Garg, Mycorrhiza enhanced phytoremediation of soils contaminated with anthracene and pyrene. National Conference on Perspectives and trends in plant sciences and biotechnology. Department of Botany, Panjab University, Chandigarh, India. 2014.
- Manchanda, N. Garg, Anthracene and Pyrene Dissipation from Soil using ArbuscularMycorrhizae: Impact on Physiology and Biochemistry of Glycine max (Soybean). Mycorrhiza for All: An Under-Earth Revolution7th International Conference on Mycorrhiza (ICOM7), 6-11 January 2013. TERI, New Delhi. 2013.
- Manchanda, N. Garg, Influence of arbuscularmycorrhizae on Glycine max grown in anthracene spiked soils. National symposium on microbes in health and agriculture, School of Life Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi.12-13 March, 2012.
- Manchanda, N. Garg, Isolation and culture of mycorrhizal species from contaminated and non-contaminated soils of Chandigarh. 52nd Annual conference of Association of Microbiologists of India (AMI). International Conference on Microbial Biotechnology for Sustainable Development. Nov 3-6, Panjab University, Chandigarh. 2011.
- Manchanda, N. Garg Effect of arbuscularmycorrhizal inoculation on nodule metabolism in Cajanuscajan (pigeonpea) under salt stress. National seminar on plant physiology. Dr. BalasahebSawantKonkanKrishiVidyapeeth, Dapoli, 29 – 30 Nov.& 1st Dec.2007.
- Garg, Geetanjali, Effect of salt stress on Rhizobium – legume symbiosis in pea, lentil and chickpea. 93rd Indian Science Congress, Acharya N. G. Ranga Agricultural University, Hyderabad. 3rd- 7th January 2006.
- Garg, Geetanjali, Effect of pre-sowing soaking saline treatment on germination and seedling growth in two legume species, Glycine max and Lens esculenta (L.) 93rd Indian Science Congress, Acharya N. G. Ranga Agricultural University, Hyderabad. 3rd-7th January, 2006.
Dr. Ashish Sharma, Dept of Botany, UID - 10210
Publication in a journal:
- Kaur, A. Sharma, L. Parihar, In vitro study of mycoremediation of cypermethrin-contaminated soils in different regions of Punjab. Annals of Microbiology, 65(4), 1949-1959, 2015.
- Sharma, D. Shankhdhar, A. Sharma, S.C. Shankhdhar, Micronutrient enhancement and localization in rice grains under influence of plant growth promoting rhizobacteria. Journal of Crop Improvement, 28, 502-514, 2014.
- Sharma, B. Patni, D. Shankhdhar, S.C. Shankhdhar, Evaluation of Different PGPR Strains for Yield Enhancement and Higher Zn Content in Different Genotypes of Rice (Oryza Sativa). Journal of Plant Nutrition, 38, 456-472, 2015.
- Sharma, D. Shankhdhar, A. Sharma, S.C. Shankhdhar, Growth promotion of the rice genotypes by pgprs isolated from rice rhizosphere. Journal of Soil Science and Plant Nutrition, 14 (2), 505-517, 2014.
- Kumar, B. Mathpal, A. Sharma, A. Shukla, D. Shankhdhar, S.C. Shankhdhar, Physiological evaluation of nitrogen use efficiency and yield attributes in rice (Oryza sativa L.) genotypes under different nitrogen levels. Cereal Research Communications, 43(1), 166-177, 2014.
- Sharma, B. Patni, D. Shankhdhar, S.C. Shankhdhar, Zinc – an indispensable micronutrient. Physiology and molecular biology of plants, 19(1), 11-20, 2013.
- Sharma, D. Shankhdhar, S.C. Shankhdhar, Enhancing grain iron content of rice by the applicationof plant growth promoting rhizobacteria. Plant soil and environment, 59(2), 89-94, 2013.
- A. Sharma, D. Shankhdhar, S.C. Shankhdhar, Plant growth promoting rhizobacteria – an approach for biofortification in cereal grains. In: Advances in Plant Physiology- An Int. Treatise Series,Vol 15, Ed:Hemantaranjan, A. Scientific Pub., India, pp. 460-488, 2014.
- A. Sharma, L. Parihar, Biological Control of Critical Fungal Phytopathogens of Cereal Crops. In. Biotechnology – progress and applications, Ed: Hameed, S. and Fatima, Z. Daya Publishing House, India, pp. 163-180, 2016
Publications (Dr. Rakesh Kumar)
- Mahajan, R. Kumar,R.Kaur, S. Arora S, Exploaration of xanthine oxidase producing microorganisms from hypoxanthine supplemented soil and their inhibitors from plants employing nitrobluetetrazolium based colorimetric assay method. Global Advanced Research Journal of Environmental Science and Toxicology, 1, 10-13, 2012.
- Kaur, J. Kaur, J. Mahajan, R. Kumar, S.Arora, Oxidative Stress – implications, sources and its prevention. Environmental Science Pollution Research, 21, 1599-1613, 2013.
- Kumar, R. Kaur, A.P. Singh, S. Arora, Diminution of Hepatic Response to 7,12 dimethylbenz(ɑ)anthracene by Ethyl Acetate Fraction of Acacia catechu Willd. through Modulation of Xenobiotic and Anti-oxidative Enzymes in Rats. PLOS ONE. 9: e90083, 2014.
3 B. Singh, V. Sharma, G. Singh, R. Kumar, S. Arora, M.P.S. Ishar, Synthesis and in vitro cytotoxic activity of chromenopyridones. International Journal of Medicinal Chemistry. 2013. http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2013/984329.
- Arora, D. Sharma, R. Kumar, B. Singh, A.P. Vig, S. Arora, Evaluating extraction conditions of glucosinolate hydrolytic products from seeds of eruca sativa (mill.) Thell. using GC-MS. Journal of Food Science. 79: C1964-1969, 2014.
- Sood, V. Sharma, A. Chaudhary,R. Kumar,S.Arora, V. Gupta, M.P.S. Ishar, Synthesis and evaluation of 3-salicyloypyridine derivatives as cytotoxic mitochondrial inducers. Biorganic and Medicinal Chemistry Letters. 1: 4724-4728, 2014.
- Arora, S. Sharma, R. Kumar, R. Mannan, P. Kaur, A.P. Singh, B. Singh, A.P. Vig, D. Sharma, S. Arora S, Hepatic Dysfunction Induced by 7, 12-Dimethylbenz(a)anthracene and Its Obviation with Erucin Using Enzymatic and Histological Changes as Indicators. Plos One. 9: e112614,2014.